Sunday, April 17, 2011

Real Girl’s Kitchen 2


I’ve tried another one of Haylie’s recipes yesterday: avocado salad (her version pictured above).  I’m kind of on a health trend right now, so I thought it’d be great to try this out.
I didn’t have cherry tomatoes so I subbed in regular tomatoes but I think it all works the same.  Mine didn’t turn out like hers (yet again) but I think it was alright (my version pictured below).  It tasted pretty good, my mom liked it too.
Would I make it again?  Sure, why not.  I want to taste the real version from a restaurant though.  Then I’d have something to compare it to.
DSC00129DSC00128
I also had a pretty good meal with it last night too.  In all, the meal kept me full for almost six hours (that’s a lot considering I’m an athlete and nerd which uses up a lot of energy).  Good stuff.
DSC00131
I also made a pretty good peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch yesterday (craving caused by Allstar Weekend), but that’s not fancy enough to blog about.

(Real Girl's Kitchen blog post 1, click here)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is what you were talking about today. Looks good! Tina, you got to tell me about how you make those cool sandwiches! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You rock for commenting. =)