Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love, life, and other complicated things

There are only three explanations:
1) I'm a slut.
2) I'm a teenager who will fall for anybody who's remotely nice to her.
3) I'm not actually falling, I only think, or want to think, that I am.

There are three boys:
1) The best friend who things never worked out with.  (Can I even still call him my best friend)
2) The friend who can keep me up late at night talking. (But is he moving towards being a best friend?)
3) The new friend who's perfect, like he stepped out of a movie or something.

The crazy thing about teenage love lives is that there is always that uncertainty of wasting time and emotions on something marked so temporary.

And in my darkest hours this week, the best friend was the only one to make me smile.  The friend was the only one who made me get up and do something.  And the new friend still lingered in the awkward intro phase but I wanted things to be better.

If only life was more simple, like choosing an apple or banana for a snack or deciding to take a walk.

Or maybe I'm just not a relationship type of person.  I'd hope not, I'd hope that this is only because none of them are the One.  But perhaps I'm really that girl who's too independent to settle down and having too much fun being everything to everyone.

Or maybe it's the stress and exhaustion getting to my head.

Maybe.  Oh life is full of maybes.

-Tee

1 comment:

  1. If life only had one option, it wouldn't be a choice, it'd be the right thing. Take your time, you have all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete

You rock for commenting. =)