Monday, July 5, 2010

The Art of Reinvention

This summer, I am setting out on a journey to change and finally feel fulfilled. Of course there will be things that I will have to wait for, like love and a career. But there are still plenty of things that I can do now.

This whole thing started with my friends messaging me online and saying that this summer is the summer before we go absolutely crazy nerdy in senior year. They are in fact correct. So, their plan was for us to create a few group goals (like having a fancy English brunch) and a few personal ones (like talking up a cute stranger).

I started thinking, and being the optimist I usually am, have created a two month reinvention goal for myself. From now until school starts again, I will be working a little bit each day to become the person I can look back and say “wow, kudos” (probably not in those exact words).

Goals:

  • Get my driver’s license
  • Create Eight Short Films (one down!)
  • Finish writing my film and theatre scripts
  • Research University Information
  • Get fit
  • Get smart
  • Figure out what I want
  • Work on my dream/goal board

Today was Day 1:

I’m reading the driver’s ed. handbook right now, thought of an idea for my next film, and exercised for half an hour. Good start, I’d say.

{…tee}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock for commenting. =)