Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Sunset

I walked home during sunset today.  It's was incredibly beautiful.  It's the kind of evening haze that feels surreal.  Like the sky was painted by a very talented person and inserted into my line of sight.  It's incredible how purple and orange and pink and perfect the sky can be.  The best part is when the silhouette of an airplane flies into the sunset.  Or when the birds dance around above.  The rush of headlights and taillights passed me by, almost blinding with the harsh lights on the streets when it wasn't fully dark yet.  Intrusive yet pretty.  The cool wind was hitting my face and pushed my hair back.  It was picturesque without the picture part.  A movie without film.  My emotions were spilling everywhere.  Every scar, every bruise, every tear, every laugh, every moment of peace.  It mixed in me like the colours in the sky.  I wanted to capture this moment.  I wanted to bottle it up.  I wanted to freeze in a frame and keep it forever.  But the truth is, photographs and recordings and writing can't capture that moment enough.  It's one of those rare moments in life that we don't ever get back.  If I ever walked home like that again, it won't be the same and neither will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock for commenting. =)