Monday, February 13, 2012

Hermit

I want to be a hermit in a shell.  I spend the whole day giving my 100% to everyone else around me and when I get home, I want to slink away and be with myself for a change.  That's how I used to be and I was happy.  Then he broke down the walls and made me always available.  And you know what?  I was happy.  And I was so fine with that fact that I was willing to invite him in.  But now, I'm realizing that it's not going to be that way.  He's not going to be the one that I want and need.  That is perfectly okay.  It's just that now times are changing once again and all I want is some time to be with myself.  I spent a long time defining myself as a party of two and I need to figure out who it is that I want to be.  Who is this party of one.  Because I obviously lost sight of that.  And I want to find it back.  I lost sight of what I wanted for myself in life.  Something separate from who you are and what you want.  What you want for me is not the same thing.  So please, can I have my nights back?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock for commenting. =)