Monday, April 19, 2010

letters hidden in my mailbox.

It's nice to know that maybe, a little piece of him wants me too and I'm not imagining the "us" alone. It's nice to know that I can finally be myself with him yet still get butterflies. It's nice to feel like we've always been better off as friends. It's nice to fall asleep with a smile on my face again. Sometimes a bad day can have a happy ending.
-----------------------------------------
Last night I had a dream where everyone told me he came back. I saw him down the hall and for the first time in a long time, I saw his face. I can't see it anymore now, but I know I saw his face. I run into his arms and into his warm embrace. Thank you. And he tells me he's proud that I haven't given up and I'm about to tell him I did when he keeps talking to tell me how happy he is to see me. I woke up breathless. I saw him. I felt him. I smelt him. I heard him. Today, I fell in love with life again. I want this now more than I did. I don't know how I'll get there, but I'm going. I'm going.

.tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock for commenting. =)